Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
- Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
- Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
- Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
|Senior Conference Consultant
London (Full Time, Permanent)
Senior Conference Consultant - London
Senior Conference Consultant
We're revolutionising the business travel, meetings and events service through our knowledge, curiosity and innovation; do you want to be a part of it too? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
At a glance...
You will work within a team servicing one or multiple customers to maximise potential revenue. You will provide expert knowledge to ensure that we meet or exceed service level agreements and customer expectations
Introducing Capita Travel and Events
We're not a regular travel, meetings and events company. Of course, we do all the things you'd expect us to, but booking travel, meetings or planning events and helping our customers drive down costs is only the tip of the iceberg of what we do here at Capita Travel and Events
Our heritage spans over four decades, and we've evolved by acquiring some of the UK's leading specialists in business travel, accommodation, meetings and events. Bringing together 850 of the most knowledgeable people in the industry and combining their knowledge and expertise, we've created one powerfully unique business.
But we haven't forgotten what makes Capita Travel and Events a great place to work - brilliant, like-minded people who thrive in a friendly, fast paced atmosphere. If you reckon you could add something to the team and want to be part of our future then get in touch.
What will your day look like?
* Process bookings, amendments and cancellations within service level agreement
* Deliver excellent customer service in line with the expected standard of your role, ensuring you meet the requirements of the customer in a timely manner
* Confidently negotiate best value rates in line with customer requirements
* Effectively resolve internal and external customer queries, escalating where appropriate
* Proactively develop industry product knowledge, sharing information with colleagues
* Recognise where support is required, providing guidance and assistance to complete required actions
* Support new employees in the department by coaching and training when applicable
* Assist in maintaining a supportive and engaged team dynamic
* Adhere to the correct Finance processes and understand the impact
* Lead by example, always demonstrating best practise
* Understands, demonstrates and positively contributes to increasing our profit and reducing cost
* To be a consistent point of contact throughout the life cycle of a booking
* Be accountable for a specific customer/group of customers where appropriate
* To build strong relationships with internal and/or external customers
It would be great if you had...
* Minimum of two GSCE's grade A-C in English and Maths - or equivalent
* Data inputting skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure
* Experience of working to agreed targets
* Flexible and enthusiastic approach
* Experience of working as part of a team
* Experience of working in a Customer Service environment
* A sound geographical knowledge
* Experience of working in the Agency, Hotel, Travel and or Events industry
* Language skills
Perks of the job
As well as a competitive salary and holiday package, we can offer you:
* Discounted stays at hotels
* A huge discount off a rail journey each year
* Opportunity to win free trips away
* Access to 'Friday night free stays' at participating hotels
* A day's paid leave to participate in charity or community projects
* Incredible discounts and cashback on dining, health and retail
Being part of a global company like Capita offers many other benefits such as a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Come and have a peak at our life in Capita Travel and Events by visiting our social media pages.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.